Links to Files
- When to put out your cocoons – Bee Notes March 20, 2021
- Protecting Pollinators from Pesticides: Fungicide Impacts on Pollinators
- From BeeVent 2020: Download a PDF of the presentation given by Susan Morton and Ranee Webb
- Link to Blue Orchard Mason Bee Calendar
- Link to Leafcutter Bee Calendar
- Cleaning and Storing BOB Cocoons
- The Most Common Issues That Affect BOB Cocoons
Plans for the Rustic Bee House
Several people have asked for plans for making a bee house. Click here for the plans for making the Rustic Bee House.
We use pine or laminated Baltic birch boards. They come in six and eight inches wide and eight foot long lengths. You will need both six and eight inch wide boards. Look for ones with the fewest knots and the straightest boards.
The boards are held together by screws. The screws we use are 1-5/8 inch self-tapping T-20 star drive screws. You will cut four eight inch boards and six six inch boards. The eight inch boards are used for the sides and six inch boards are for the top, bottom and back. This would make four to five houses.